Fatai Osho declares availability for topflight coaching job

Fatai Osho declares availability for topflight coaching job

By Yemi Sodeeq


Experienced Nigerian coach Fatai Osho has declared his readiness to take up a new coaching challenge, expressing his availability to work with ambitious clubs in the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) or Nigeria National League (NNL).

Osho, who recently returned from a stint with ASVO FC of Benin Republic, said he has been assessing new opportunities after guiding Crown FC of Ogbomoso to the Oyo State FA Cup title. Crown FC defeated Shooting Stars in the final before their run at the national level ended with a defeat to Bendel Insurance.

“It’s been an interesting time since I came back from ASVO FC of Benin Republic. Between the time I came back at the end of the season, I had to move to Crown FC of Ogbomoso, where we were able to win the state FA Cup, beating Shooting Stars in the final before we lost to Bendel Insurance at the national level,” Osho said.

The former Remo Stars, Enyimba and Akwa United coach said he is now looking forward to new challenges, stressing that he is open to opportunities at both the NPFL and NNL level provided the club has the ambition to progress.

“I have been looking up to new opportunities and challenges, and I am very much available to work with a team with ambition, whether in the NPFL or NNL. That will be a good thing,” he added.

Osho, who has experience of working with some of Nigeria’s biggest clubs, believes his coaching background gives him the capacity to help ambitious teams achieve greater heights. He guided Remo Stars to promotion to the NPFL in 2019 and has also worked with Enyimba, Akwa United and Rivers United, where he served as chief coach.

“I have handled some of the biggest clubs in the country like Enyimba and Akwa United, and worked with Rivers United as chief coach, where we won the NPFL. I have the experience and capacity to deliver,” he stated.

The coach also highlighted his continental pedigree, noting that he has been part of teams that reached the quarter-final stage of the CAF Confederation Cup on three occasions, including two campaigns with Enyimba where he was the Head Coach and another with Rivers United while working alongside Stanley Eguma.

With his recent success at Crown FC added to his experience in domestic and continental football, Osho says he is ready to embrace a project capable of matching his ambition of taking clubs beyond their present level.

Popular posts from this blog

Saheed Abdulkadir appointed Kwara United Team Manager

Meet Ilorin-born Soliu Ajia Yakubu,Flying Eagles Goalkeeper for AFCON

Yewa FC Academy clinch Samurai league title with unbeaten record