John Obuh: I'm more comfortable being a coach than a club chairman

John Obuh: I’m More Comfortable Being a Coach Than a Club Chairman



By Yemi Sodeeq

Abia Warriors Chairman John Obuh has admitted that he feels more comfortable in the technical area as a coach than in the boardroom as a club chairman.

Obuh made the revelation while speaking with journalists on the sidelines of the Annual General Meeting in Ibadan, where he compared his experiences as a coach and football administrator.

The former coach said although both roles come with significant pressure, coaching gives him greater control over decisions and allows him to directly implement his ideas.

“I prefer being a coach because, as a coach, I know what I want to do and the decisions I need to make. But now, I am not the one making the changes or taking the decisions. I have to rely on another person, and that puts me under even more pressure,” Obuh said.

According to him, his responsibilities as chairman have brought even greater pressure than he experienced during his coaching career because he now has to depend on the technical team to execute decisions on the pitch.

“I still feel the same pressure as I did when I was a coach. In fact, I think I have even more pressure now as a club chairman,” he added.

Obuh stressed that his familiarity with the technical side of football makes coaching a more comfortable role for him, despite his experience in football administration.

“I feel more comfortable being a coach. The pressure I experienced as a coach was not as high as what I am experiencing now as a club chairman,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Abia Warriors chairman has expressed his determination to lead the club back to continental football after narrowly missing out on a CAF inter-club ticket last season.

Obuh said Abia Warriors enjoyed a strong campaign, including recording almost six victories away from home, but ultimately fell short of securing a continental place.

He, however, believes the experience will serve as motivation for the club ahead of the new season, with the target of mounting another strong campaign and securing a place in one of the CAF inter-club competitions.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Ilorin-born Soliu Ajia Yakubu,Flying Eagles Goalkeeper for AFCON

Saheed Abdulkadir appointed Kwara United Team Manager

Yewa FC Academy clinch Samurai league title with unbeaten record